You’ve had a fun-filled summer out on Lake Tahoe, but now that it’s fall, you may need to start thinking about getting your boat winterized. Maintaining your boat throughout the seasons is essential to keeping it in good shape for years to come. If you’re looking for a boat repair shop to have your boat winterized, check out H2O Craft Rentals & Repair of Tracy, California.
What happens when you get your boat winterized? According to Popular Mechanics, here’s what you can expect from a company that performs a basic boat winterization:
- Check the boat for structural damage that may have occurred, such as cracks, dents, and so on.
- Remove any barnacles or any other tagalongs by gently scraping and possibly sanding away residue.
- Wash the boat’s exterior thoroughly, possibly with a pressure washer, to get all the dirt, scum, and other elements off your boat; some people also choose to apply a coat of wax.
- Flush your boat’s engine, check for potential damages, and change the oil. You want to make sure you go through the proper steps so that the engine is protected from freezing and corrosion.
- Do an all-systems check. It’s best to get any necessary boat repairs done before putting it in storage for the winter season.
- Choose a boat cover that is water and mildew resistant to try to keep moisture away from your boat. Secure the cover tightly.
For more details, you can check out the Engine Winterizing Guide from Popular Mechanics, or just talk to the boat repair experts at H2O Craft Rentals & Repair.
Our boat repair and service shop specializes in boat and jet-ski winterization, maintenance, and repairs. If you have a question or want to schedule a winterization or boat repair, contact H2O Craft Rentals & Repair by calling (209) 833-6893.