The winter season is a great time to fix up your jet ski and get it back to its like-new condition. If you haven’t been keeping up with regular maintenance, you’ll want to definitely take care of it at this time. You’ll also want to make any repairs to the engine, the body, the seats, and the electrical components. Jet skis go through general wear and tear each year they’re being used, but there are some standard engine repairs that we see often here at H2O Craft Rentals & Repair that you may come across on a regular basis.
Standard Engine Problems
Anything can go wrong with your jet ski, but these five engine problems are the ones that may give you the most trouble:
- Jet pumps: These essential components help to increase the performance and control of the engine. If not working properly, they can negatively affect the engine’s condition.
- Fuel lines: Fuel is what operates the engine, and without it, there is no riding the waves. If the fuel lines are faulty, the engine will not work correctly.
- Crankshafts: This main part of the engine is typically held in by pins. If the pins are loose or coming out, that could mean disaster for the engine.
- Battery: Sometimes the battery simply needs to be charged. The engine won’t even turn over without a charged battery.
- Seals and gaskets: Seals are named as such for a reason — they seal the engine and keep coolant and oil from entering.
Professional Jet Ski Repairs
If you’re a handy person, you may be able to repair these problems yourself. Otherwise, we recommend hiring a professional marine-repair technician to take care of these jet ski issues. Along with these repairs, they can take care of any type of jet ski maintenance.
Serving Lake Tahoe With Our Jet Ski Repairs
Have your jet ski maintained, repaired, or winterized by contacting us at (209) 833-6893. We’ll be happy to give you a quote or schedule an appointment for you. In addition to jet ski repairs, we also provide boat repairs for pontoons, ski boats, and fishing boats in Lake Tahoe and beyond.
Source: “Repair Solutions For Common Jet Ski Engine Problems.” Web article. Anchor Marine Repair. 10 Oct. 2021. Web. 18 Sep. 2022.