If you’re looking to cool off in the sun, visit one of California’s scenic lakes! The Golden State features an array of beautiful bodies of water, but which one should you choose for your vacation? Rated as “America’s Best Lake” by USA Today, Lake Tahoe is a great place for watersport activities. No need to worry if you’re not the proud owner of a boat in CA; H2O Craft Rentals & Repair can provide you with a quality rental.
People who have never reserved a boat rental often have a lot of questions about the process. At H2O Craft Rentals & Repair, we’re more than happy to accommodate any new or casual boaters. Here are some essential tips about using a boat rental for your Lake Tahoe trip:
- Take a safety course. Even though it’s a not a requirement in the state of California, taking a safety course will help you learn all the proper boating rules.
- Plan ahead. Spur-of-the-moment trips are fun, but you should always leave your contact information at the marina and look at a map to familiarize yourself with Lake Tahoe ahead of time.
- Keep an eye on your electronics. Cell phones aren’t waterproof, so be careful where you leave your phone. Since cell service may be spotty in some areas on Lake Tahoe, you should just power off and enjoy all the marvelous views anyway.
- Always wear a life jacket. It doesn’t matter if you’re an Olympic swimmer – wearing a life jacket is one of the most important safety precautions for riding a boat. All of our rentals come with life vests.
- Talk to our rental staff. If you still have any questions about boat safety or guidelines, don’t hesitate to call us at (209) 833-6893.