One of the positives to this mild winter is that it has allowed many people to enjoy their boat and jet ski rentals that much longer. While operating these machines gives you and your family hours of enjoyment it is important to remember to play safe. Here are a few safety tips to ensure that your family’s water time continues to be fun in the sun.
Water Safety for Boats and Jet Skis:
- Never operate a jet ski or boat rental while under the influence of alcohol.
- Always wear personal flotation devices when operating a boat or jet ski rentals.
- Before starting operation check with the local law enforcement agency to learn the laws that apply, an example of this is the minimum age for operating a water craft. In California there is no minimum age requirement as long as the person has completed and passed the online boating test.
- Never operate a boat or jet ski rentals in designated swimming areas. These areas should be clearly marked and avoided.
- Jumping boat wakes on a jet ski may be fun, but it is also very dangerous! The wave height may block your vision of a swimmer or obstruction, and you may lose control of the water craft and fall off after landing. Jumping waves is a leading cause of fatal accidents on jet skis.
- Make sure the most experienced driver is operating the watercraft.
- When riding a jet ski be sure to use the engine-stop accessory that is provided by the jet ski manufacturer.
- Be sure to always be aware of your surroundings and be on the lookout for other boats, skiers, and divers.
- Check your boat before taking it out onto the water. Make sure all relevant exhaust clamps are attached tightly, check that the water flows out of the exhaust outlet when the engine generator is started, listen carefully for any changes in sounds that can alert you to engine malfunctions. Luckily when renting boats or jet skis from authorized dealers such as H2O Craft Rentals your jet ski and boat rentals are in certified working condition so you will not need to concern yourself with malfunctions.
Boating and Jet Skiing are some of the most enjoyable summer activities you can engage in, especially when they are done properly. Jet ski and boat safety ensures your family has a safe, fun and memorable family vacation. H2O Craft rentals specialize in licensed waverunner rentals, and boat rentals, including ski boat rentals, pontoon boat rentals and fishing boat rentals in California. Call (209) 833-6893 to reserve your rental and start planning your family vacation today!